White Beans Salad is savored in different varieties. It belongs to the Mediterranean Salads family which is a great entertainer as a light meal or side dish. The major attraction to make it with lentils is the fine blend of flavors brought together for a crunchy and refreshing taste. As it is rich in proteins, gym freaks may add it to their diet plan without having to think twice.
Do you know? Mediterranean cuisine is popular for its deliciousness, distinct flavors, and healthful ingredients.
Here is the easy-breezy recipe of White Beans Salad with Lentils to try at least once.
Buy Tuvar dal online with Rentio, India’s Favorite Brand
White Beans Salad Recipe with Lentils
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil (or Salad Oil)
- 1 Onion (chopped coarsely)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 1 inch Fresh Ginger Piece (cut into matchstick-size)
- 1 teaspoon hot chili pepper paste
- 1 Cup Tomatoes (coarsely chopped)
- 1 medium red bell pepper (coarsely chopped)
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Cup White Beans (rinsed & drained)
- 3/4th Cup Brown Lentils (rinsed & drained)
- 1/4th Cup Fresh Mint (finely chopped)
- 1/4th Cup Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley (finely chopped)
Pro Tip: Leave the prepared salad at rest for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- First of all, take a large pan & heat oil. Sauté onion until it turns soft, add garlic, ginger, hot chili pepper paste and stir cook it until the mixture turns fragrant.
- Add undrained tomatoes, bell peppers, water, beans, and lentils, and bring it to boil. Turn the flame to medium and let it simmer uncovered for 25 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir the mint and season to taste.
- Serve the tagine with finely chopped parsley sprinkled on it. Grilled flatbread tastes best with this.
Note: If you don’t want to prepare beans, you may use canned beans that will reduce your cooking time and you will get salad ready-to-eat in no time.
Just like this lentils salad recipe, if you want to have nutritious + tasty meals then go for one of the best Toor dal online India.