Veggie Packed Tomato Rice is a very simple, quick and finger-licking recipe to try out for lunch or dinner. Not to be mentioned, it tastes better when made with Rentio’s Premium Basmati Rice. You can also cook it if you have white rice leftover as it hardly takes an hour to prepare this yummy rice.
We Indians are generally used to having Dal Rice on daily basis and if you are bored of it, try this flavorful rice and you will end up with a delicious meal. Savor the tomato rice with pickle, papad or raita, as preferred.
Veggie Packed Tomato Rice
- 1 Cup Basmati Rice (Kept in water for ½ Hour)
- Onion (Medium Sized Chopped)
- Tomato (Chopped ½ Cup)
- Green Pepper (Chopped ½ Cup)
- Carrot (Chopped ½ Cup)
- Peas ( ½ Cup)
- Corn ( ½ Cup)
- 2 tbsp. Tomato Ketchup
- 2 tbsp. Jeera
- 1 tbsp. red chili powder
- 3 Cloves Garlic (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Coriander Leaves for Garnishing
- 3 Cups Water
- Put a large-sized pan on heat at medium flame & add olive oil in it (nearly 2 tbsp)
- Add onion, carrot, green pepper and stir well
- Now add garlic and let the veggies cook until softened
- Add rice and let it cook till rice becomes golden brown
- Add chopped tomatoes, tomato ketchup, corn, peas, chili powder and salt, jeera.
Tip: Tomato Puree is a great alternative to chopped tomatoes as it will reduce the cooking time
- Add water and mix it well.
- Cover the vessel with a lid and let the rice cook for around 20 minutes (or till the rice is cooked)
And… you’re done! Your veggie-packed Tomato Rice is ready to be served. Serve the rice platter with a coriander garnish. Enjoy your meal!
By the way, you can buy basmati rice online with premium quality and at the