The holy month of Ramadan brings the waves of auspiciousness & indulges Muslims into fasting & making good deeds. At the same time, it becomes a month when every home has finger-licking recipes on the Iftar table. It is no less than a good-smelling reward to the fast carried all day long.
Rentio Toor Dal brings an exclusive & easy-to-make Veg Dal Khichda recipe to must-try for Iftar.
Dal Khichda has nutritious lentils as key ingredients that recover the energy loss during the day & get you recharged with a boost of protein.
You may also like 10 Super Easy Lockdown Recipes by Rentio
Veg Dal Khichda Recipe by Rentio Tuvar Dal
- 20 gm Rentio Tuwar Dal
- 20 gm Chana Dal
- 20 gm Masoor Dal
- 20 gm Moong Dal
- 500 gm Rice
- 1-2 medium-sized Bay leaves
- 2 Cloves
- 4 Onions (medium-sized & finely sliced)
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 Carrot (optional, finely sliced)
- ½ Handful of Peas
- 2 Tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 2 Green Chilies
- ¾ tsp Red Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- ¼ tsp Coriander Powder
- 125 ml Curd
- 1 Handful of finely chopped Mint & Coriander leaves
- ½ Lemon Juice
- Salt (as needed)
- 1 tsp Chat Masala Powder
- 1200 ml Water
- Oil for cooking
Would you like to buy toor dal online with Rentio?
- Wash the dals well & soak them overnight. If overnight soaking is not possible, they should at least soak for 2 to 3 hours.
- Soak rice 30 minutes before cooking dals.
- Pressure-cook dals & rice for 20 minutes. If you’ve soaked them overnight, the cooking time will be reduced to 5 minutes, i.e. 15 minutes is enough to pressure-cook.
Make sure that you don’t have too much water added to the cooker. Only glass or two should be used for pressure-cooking.
- Take a thick bottom pan. Heat oil and add cardamom, cinnamon, cloves & onions once the oil is heated.
- Saute the onion till it starts giving a light brown color. Next, add ginger-garlic paste and sauté till the raw aroma goes away. Add carrot and peas now.
Non-vegetarians may add Chicken at this stage to turn Veg Khichda into Non-Veg!
- Stir fry the mixture for a minute. Add chopped tomatoes & green chili. Saute well. (You may use tomato puree to reduce cooking time)
- If the consistency of the mixture is too thick, add some water to adjust the consistency.
- Now add red chili powder, garam masala powder, curd, salt & mix well.
- Add chopped mint & coriander leaves to the Khichda pot. Add lemon juice for twisted taste.
- Once the gravy is ready, add the cooked dal & rice mixture to the pan & sprinkle it with chat masala.
- Add around 400 ml of water and mix the contents well. Allow it to cook for 10 to 15 minutes on low flame by stirring in between to avoid the formation of lumps.
- Serve the piping hot veg dal Khichda by garnishing it with mint leaves, fried onions & a few drops of tamarind juice.
Isn’t it a cool Ramadan recipe?!
Try it for sure & don’t forget to spread the love by sharing it with your friends too.
Tag us with #ramadankareem & #ramzanwithrentio if you try this one.
Stay tuned with Rentio Tuwar Dal Online for the latest recipe & health update blogs.