The world of dals has finger-licking recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. If you love to try new recipes with Rentio Toor Dal, there are more lentils to please you.
People fond of savouring light breakfasts are hardly unaware of Moong Dal Chila. Let’s not waste time and check out the recipe…
Do you know? Chillas are also referred to as Pudas, Pudlas, and Polis in our country.
Moong Dal Chila Recipe by Rentio Toor Dal
- 1 Cup Moong Dal
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- 1/4 cup Coriander Leaves (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup Onions (chopped)
- 1 tsp Ginger (grated)
- 1 – 2 Green Chillies (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Water (to rinse)
- Soak moong dal for at least 3 to 4 hours or overnight, if possible, for better taste
- You may use split moong dal, husked or whole moong dal for this recipe
- Chillas can be made as per your taste – soft or crisp
- For soft Chillas, pour the batter in the pan and allow it to cook.
- For crisp Chillas, spread the batter evenly in the pan and they will turn crispy.
Try more breakfast recipes:
Preparing the Batter
- Rinse 1 cup Moong Dal properly and allow it to soak in 2 to 3 cups of water overnight or 2 to 3 hours.
- Once soaked well, drain excess water and wash dal well
- Now you have to grind the dal with 1/4th cup of water to form a smooth batter. Make sure that you don’t add more water else dal paste will be very thin instead of smooth.
- Add Turmeric Powder, Red Chili Powder, and Roasted Cumin Powder to the batter.
- Add salt as required and stir the mixture well. Leave it aside.
- Finely chop onions, green chilies, ginger, and coriander and keep it ready.
- Add chopped vegetables to the batter and mix them well.
- Add Hing, mix again & allow the mixture to rest for at least 15 to 20 minutes.
- Take a medium-size pan and heat it on the stove
- Pour a scoopful of batter at the center of the pan and spread it evenly in a circular motion. Make sure you don’t spread a thin layer.
- Sprinkle oil drops at the corners of Chillas and let it turn crispy and brown.
- Turn the Chillas once they’re cooked on one side
- Serve them hot with curd, chutney or ketchup
Meanwhile, if you’re curious to try lentil recipes, you may buy dal online with Rentio – India’s favorite brand for 83+ years.