Rentio Toor Dal, being one of the most popular lentil choices is served across the nation. Indians have their dal recipes to get indulged. One of such delectable experiences is Kandi Pappu.
Also referred to as Roasted Toor Dal, it is the specialty of Andhra Pradesh. The simplicity of making plus earthy and nourishing taste makes it so wanted. The basic meaning of Kandi Pappu is nothing but Toor Dal.
Let’s move to the recipe straight away.
3 Ingredient Andhra-style Kandi Pappu
- ½ Cup Toor Dal
- 1 ¼ Cup Water
- Salt (to taste)
- Kandi Pappu is known for its rich aromatic taste.
- Firstly, roast the dal on medium flame by stirring constantly. Don’t let dal achieve deep red bottom. Roast it until it gets brown texture and fragrance starts coming out.
- Once roasted, rinse and pressure cook dal till it turns soft. It takes 8 to 10 minutes to bring it full simmer and then pressure is dropped.
- The deceptive look that you see is the exact texture of Kandi Pappu.
- Lastly, add salt to taste and serve hot with steamed rice.
- Authentic Kandi Pappu is served with a spoonful of ghee and jaggery aside. If you like the taste, you may use it as a dip too.
You must be excited to try this easiest recipe as soon as possible. Let us help you with Toor Dal Online, India as a dose of motivation that it will turn out superb.
Toor Dal Online Shopping now?
Try this Kandi Pappu recipe but first rush for Toor Dal Online Shopping because you cannot compromise over quality to achieve good taste. Make your Andhra-style Kandi Pappu taste heavenly with India’s favorite Rentio Tuwar Dal.