This is how we would define Dal Moghlai in one line: “A well-seasoned dal recipe with authentic Indian taste & flavors.”
As the name suggests, it may belong to the royal kitchen. Well, the simplicity of making & deliciousness of the Indian cuisine is properly combined in this recipe. No matter if you have it for lunch or dinner, be assured to sleep tight after this super-yummy dish.
Would you like to buy tuvar dal online with India’s favorite, 83+ years old brand?
Dal Moghlai Recipe
- 3/4th Cup Rentio Toor Dal
- 1/4th Cup Chana Dal
- 1 Cup Tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 2 Cups Bottle-guard (finely cut into cubes)
- 3/4th Cup Onions (well-sliced)
- 1/4th tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Green Chillies (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Ginger (grated)
- 2 tbsp melted ghee
- Salt to taste
- A handful of coriander leaves (finely chopped)
Stepwise preparation of Dal Moghlai
- Soak toor dal & chana dal for at least 3 to 4 hours for them to cook faster. If possible, soak them overnight as it has distinct benefits.
- After soaked well for the desired duration, clean & wash dals so that antioxidants & acidity causing nutrients are drained.
- Take a pressure cooker & add dals, tomatoes, bottle guard, turmeric powder, salt & 3 cups of water. Pressure cook dal for 3 whistles.
- Whisk the dal mixture & keep aside
- Heat ghee in a deep fry pan & add cumin seeds. Once they crackle, add garlic, green chilies, ginger & onion.
- Sauté the mixture on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till it turns light brown
- Pour it over the seasoned dal mixture, add salt & mix well
Chef’s Tip: Once garlic in the seasoning starts getting brownish, turn off the stove & stir the pan a bit so that it achieves slightly brown color more. This way, your seasoning will not get burnt.
Let the dal cook for 5 minutes on a medium flame with occasional stirring.
Garnish the dal with coriander & serve hot. If you want to proceed to buy toor dal online, we can help.